Terrell T-Rex Simon obituary; Renowned Rhythm & Gospel Sensation passes away unexpectedly

Publish date: 2024-05-09

The music world mourns the profound loss of Terrell “T-Rex” Simon, a native of Troy, New York, and a recipient of the esteemed Steeple Award for Best New Artist. T-Rex’s impact on the Rhythm & Gospel (R&G) genre was monumental, endearing him to a multitude of fans and industry peers alike. His sudden departure has left an irreplaceable void, with his music serving as a lasting tribute to his exceptional talent and unwavering spirit.

T-Rex, known for his warm and approachable demeanor, cultivated a deep connection with his audience, touching the lives of many through his heartfelt performances. As the community grapples with the heartbreaking news of his passing, there remains a collective outpouring of sympathy and support for his family, friends, and dedicated fans.

Madonna Williams took social media and paid tribute to T-Rex on Facebook,

OMG I WANT TO TAKE THE TIME TO SAY REST IN PEACE TO SINGER SONG WRITER Terrell T-Rex Simon
I REMEMBER HIM PERFORMING AT MY SECOND IED AWARDS IN BROOKLYN…HE WAS A REALLY NICE MAN. I JUST TEXT HIM ON SOCIAL MEDIA ABOUT HIS ALBUM COMING OUT…YESTERDAY HE DIED IN HIS SLEEP. THIS IS CRAZY, PLEASE REMEMBER THAT TOMORROW IS JUST A PROMISE, LOVE AND CHERISH THE PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE.

While the exact circumstances of his demise have yet to be disclosed, our commitment remains unwavering in delivering accurate and timely information as it unfolds. Respect for the privacy of T-Rex’s family remains paramount during this difficult time, as we navigate the sensitive nature of this loss.

Terrell “T-Rex” Simon’s musical journey began at a young age, nurtured by his early experiences in the church choir, eventually leading him to pursue a career in the music industry. With a dedicated focus on his craft, he ventured into the world of R&G, collaborating with esteemed producers and making notable appearances alongside industry icons such as John Legend, Beyonce, and Wyclef Jean.

Terrell T-Rex Simon 💉🪦#FullyVaccinated #DiedSuddenly
(October 2023) 🇺🇸 New York

“I'm vaccinated bro. Everybody who's dying isn't”

“I am so very sad, upset and distraught to find out my dear friend Terrell T-Rex Simon has passed away unexpectedly.”

Credit: Hello Dave… pic.twitter.com/8nJ8VfRlGp

— “Sudden And Unexpected” (@toobaffled) October 24, 2023

Throughout his career, T-Rex’s unwavering commitment to his artistry was evident, as he released impactful projects and collaborated with fellow musicians, showcasing his versatility and passion for music. His contributions to the stage and screen further underscored his multifaceted talents and his dedication to utilizing his gifts for the greater good.

As we reflect on the profound impact of his life and music, we honor Terrell “T-Rex” Simon’s enduring legacy, a testament to his exceptional artistry and unwavering dedication to his craft.

ncG1vNJzZmiin5fAo7vTrGWcp51kwaa%2B0Z6jpWWkYr%2BmxIysoKannmK8o7XTrpirsV2nsq%2B71qecnWWinca1tMxmnqiroJq5br%2FEp6qarJmku27BzZ6vqZ2TqbKluNhmp5qro5rAbq3WmrBo