How did Robert W. Smith die? Know Everything About Her Death

Publish date: 2024-05-08

Robert W. Smith, a renowned American composer, educator, and drummer corps personality, passed away, aged 64, on Thursday, September 21, 2023, due to health complications. The news of Robert’s unfortunate death has left everyone within the community absolutely devastated as they mourn the death of this iconic soul. Are you interested in learning more about the late Robert W. Smith?

If yes, keep reading this article till the end, as it contains all the necessary information about Robert W. Smith, his profession, how he died, who announced his death, and much more about his sudden passing!

Who was Robert W. Smith? Learn more about him

Robert W. Smith was a renowned American composer, educator, arranger, and drum corps personality. Robert W. Smith himself was a marching trumpet for SOTS at Troy, was also a reputed professor at JMU, and used to make arrangements for the MRDs.
The 64-year-old was one of the most reputed names in the industry and was hailed by everyone for the great influence he had through his work. Blue Devil alumni and current A corps brass staff member, Turner Hawkins, is one of the many well-known personalities in Robert’s family.

How did Robert W. Smith die?

According to reports, renowned composer, educator, and drum corps personality Robert W. Smith passed away unfortunately on Thursday, September 21, 2023. It has been disclosed that the 64-year-old died due to complications from cardiac surgery in Montgomery, Alabama.
The unfortunate news of Robert’s unfortunate death was announced by his wife, Susan L. Smith, through an emotional Facebook post. While announcing this sad news, she also revealed that details about the arrangements to celebrate the late educator’s life will be released as soon as they are determined and the venue for the ceremony is finalized by the family.

Tributes pour in after Robert W. Smith’s death

As soon as the news of Robert W. Smith’s unfortunate death became public, netizens from all over the community started paying their condolences to the departed soul. In a similar fashion, Edgefield-based School System Level Administrator William P. Smith shared an emotional post after the passing of Robert through his X handle.
The tweet reads, “The last time that Robert W. Smith and I spoke was in May 2022 at the Carowinds Music Festival.   Over the years, I knew him as an amazing composer of todays music and he also adjudicated several of my bands. When I became a father, he adjudicated the band my daughter was in. We have lost one of the best composers the world has ever seen and the music education profession has lost an icon and a friend.”

The last time that Robert W Smith and I spoke was in May 2022 at the Carowinds Music Festival. Over the years, I knew him as an amazing composer of todays music and he also adjudicated several of my bands. When I became a father, he adjudicated the band my daughter was in.… pic.twitter.com/NVsnHvLoj2

— William P. Smith, Ed.D. (@William_PSmith) September 22, 2023

We share our deep sympathies with the family, friends, and all loved ones of the late Robert W. Smith. If you want to read such informative articles on topics from across the world, keep visiting regularly. We also request that you please feel free to share your valuable suggestions in the comments section provided below.

FAQS

Who was Robert W. Smith?

Robert W. Smith was a renowned American composer, educator, arranger, and drum corps personality. He was one of the most reputed names in the industry and was hailed by everyone for the great influence he had through his work.

How did Robert W. Smith die?

According to reports, Robert W. Smith passed away on September 21, 2023, at 64 years of age. It has been disclosed that he died due to complications from cardiac surgery in Montgomery, Alabama.

ncG1vNJzZminqJyusb%2BNqKmgZ6Kkr6a%2B02auZqudnsGpew%3D%3D